Monday, May 18, 2009

Thankful

Dear Sarah,

I was thinking just the other day that I was one of the last people you would have ever expected, to jump on the blogging bandwagon. Why you may ask? Well – time constraints for one thing, and the desire to stay hidden away from the public eye, for the other.

I was never one to share my opinion or views on things with another, unless expressly asked for or duty bound to as a caring friend. That’s just the way I am. I fly from one corner which has me ever so quiet, to another extreme corner which has me jabbering away nonsensically, till the dawn of day! And blogging has been therapeutic in a sense, because it not only helps me to see what’s going on inside of me as a person, but it also has helped me sharpen my writing skills, because if you’ve read my previous posts you’d realize, it’s been a decade or more since I’ve actively pursued writing as a hobby again!

Yesterday, was a day when I realized how far I have come as a person. I sat to have coffee with the once love of my life who was the deepest crush I’ve ever had in short period of decade and 5 year long period called “adulthood”. Falling in love with him had me breaking a few bones and being hospitalized for a considerable amount of time, and that time I spent recuperating, I consider to be as hellish as time spent in a prison ward with the most inhuman of facilities to accompany an already dreary time frame serving my sentence. Anyways, here he was again, seated in front of me, chatting, talking about life and plans and dreams that had faded and those that have succeeded … and I couldn’t help but sit and admire silently, this man who was still as dashing in my memory as he was back then. I was happy for him. Happy to have seen him again. He was married and divorced, with a pregnant girlfriend, hoping to settle down again. Wow, that was a lot to have happened to one person in a matter of a few years, no doubt! I’d had my own stories to tell too, but less drama (technically). Still, the main plot and the very beginning of that story, had to do with him..

If not for him I would never have lost out on what was one of the finest breaks of my career. If not for him I would never have known what falling in love is like and how it can completely ruin a perfectly sane head! If not for him, I would never have got myself into a chain of events that saw me ending up where I am now.

I will not question the reasons why he and I ever had to meet in the first place. I was on the road to success when I had that cruel twist of fate which had me hanging on every word he once spoke. But one thing I am thankful for. And that is that it led me to meet the next love of my life who is still a prized part of my life.
Sometimes we don’t know what life throws as us. You never ever know do you? How can you anticipate things like “heartache” before they are bound to happen, however predictable it may be to someone peering in to the dynamics of your particular situation?

But one thing we can do. We can be thankful for the little things along the way, that happened because of that first painful episode, which for the record, is one period in my personal life, that I can never forget.

Love,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're most welcome to comment and share your thoughts any way you want to. Just be civil and congenial and contribute as best you can. Thank you!