Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Another door closes

Hot on the heels of my gigantic leap up the corporate ladder, I got word today to my dismay, that a position that I've been longing to have and eying for some number of years, is unavailable to me as the door has been shut on my face, subject to an unfair blow on my qualifications for it by a rivalling company that I used to be in.

What is hardest to handle right now is just the mere fact that the basis for my disqualification is something that's completely out of my hands and beyond my control.

I ought to be shattered right now, but I'm going to take a leap of faith and choose to believe that there's nothing in the world that can stop me from being the best of who I was meant to be. If there's to be no more potential in this avenue, I ought to wipe the dust off my feet at its carpet and head on down the doorway to the next post right?

I must say I'm feeling a little downcast and heavy hearted after this piece of news. I'm sorry I've been boring you guys with all of this. I just thought of blogging about it to get things off the recesses of my mind.

Hope you all are having a better mid-week that I am.

6 comments:

  1. ahhh :(

    "Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV,
    And you think you're so clever and classless and free,
    But you're still fucking peasents as far as I can see,
    A working class hero is something to be,

    There's room at the top they are telling you still,
    But first you must learn how to smile as you kill,
    If you want to be like the folks on the hill,
    A working class hero is something to be."
    Jhon Lennon

    Be Strong :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A working class hero is something to be...
    Thank you for that, Kusal.
    I will.. be strong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kusal's comment says everything that needs to be said... be strong Chillin'... what goes around comes around, and as long as you give them your best, they will have no option but to reward you with a position that will make use of your potential... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to keep giving of my best..
    Thanks Chavie..

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I understood, your qualification was disegarded becuase you gained it from a rivalling company? Id have thought that being in a rivalling company it self would have been a big plus. May be its looked at as 'she switched once, may be she'll switch again'

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe.. : (
    Thanks for commenting Kulendra

    ReplyDelete

You're most welcome to comment and share your thoughts any way you want to. Just be civil and congenial and contribute as best you can. Thank you!