Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The end of Guy

Guy almost always manages to break my heart. Tonight he gave me a drunken call from a million miles away from where I stood with my phone pressed to my ear, as he drunkenly started out talking sweetly, only to end up making my heart break with his careless words and insensitive banter.

Guy professes to be in love with me still and I have a special place in my heart for him but as I wrote this post I have an intense and bitter hatred towards him just for tonight and the way he made me feel about myself. That's the key to any relationship isn't it? You guage whether a person's good for you by measuring the way that person makes you feel about yourself at the end of the day (depending of course on whether or not you're a good person to begin with which is almost always taken for granted)

Guy spoke about a girl he could talk absolutely anything with and praised her to the hilt, breaking my jealous heart by saying she's the person he had just taken an overseas call to. He then accused me of keeping something from him when I wasn't doing that in the least, going on to say that I'm the protector of all, the middle man, and that I was keeping this from him as well. I realized then and there, that Guy was very difficult to get on with. He was strongly opinionated and always refused to admit defeat ot confess to being in the wrong.

The manner in which he blamed me for being there for someone when I shouldn't have been and dictated terms through the entirely of the conversation that ended just before I sat down to write this post, made me realize that he was abusing our friendship and hurting me endlessly, contributing little to my life when I have been there for him on more than a dozen occassions. It made me suddenly feel vulnerable and unable to trust again. For Guy was turning around and throwing back at me the very things that I had confidentially shared with him.

I hate Guy for that :(

Tomorrow morning Guy is going to text me and ask me whether he spoke any crap in his drunken state. And he's going to ask it with a smiley face as if it were funny.

What should I say? Does it even deserve a reply?

7 comments:

  1. Sorry to break it to you but i think theres more to this than him just thinking highly of this other girl. Always remember than defence is the best form of attack and he sounds like he has done something he feels guilty about. I used to have a bf who did the same sort of thing - he used to falsely accuse me of all sorts of crap for no good reason and i used to feel crappy for days on end about it while wondering what on earth led him to think so. Turns out it was him doing all the things he accused me of and worse.

    It may not be the same reason but the guy is hiding something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a bit difficult to keep track so I suggest u put up a list of all the guys ur emotionally attached to/ bang so we know which one ur referrin to

    I get confused between all these different buggers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you "anonymous" ... your comment made me see another side to this and cheered me up loads. Thank you...

    Girigoris, there's just Bow and Guy. And I'm not banging either! (I linked to a previous post so you don't get confused!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cant help agreeing with anonymous. When he does text tomorrow, in my opinion just say, " as much as I value our friendship, its time we parted ways, cause I cant give myself to someone who hurts me". Cut all contact with him. Its the best way to move forward.

    You need to be happy with yourself before you can even think of letting someone into your life. Keep your chin up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. is the same guy who you were married to and had kids with?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Sunela.. I truly appreciate your comment. I did just what you said and it's working out to be the best thing I could have done for myself..

    And yes anonymous, he's the one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. " Cut all contact with him. Its the best way to move forward."

    You couldn't have said it better. Thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete

You're most welcome to comment and share your thoughts any way you want to. Just be civil and congenial and contribute as best you can. Thank you!