Thursday, July 2, 2009

Lessons in life - Easy does it

Personal life-wise, I've had a lot going on than I give credit for in this blog!Sometimes I wonder if anyone in this world could ever fully understand the kaleidoscope of emotions, the myriad of contemplative thoughts that have been working themselves through this head and heart of mine! Sometimes you feel like you really go it alone in this world. Other times you understand that the best person to keep you company on this journey is a self-fulfilled you.

I've felt an amazing amount of peace in my life since last Tuesday or so. The wonder of being at peace with oneself, calm and tranquil in the sea of togetherness as a person has really boosted my self esteem. "Here's another emo girl" you might think, shaking your head! Oh no, I'm not that much of an emo-person actually. It's only because this blog is a mirror-reflection of the inner-most workings of my self that I tend to write this way, bringing all to the surface.

Staying away from sex has been the best decision I've made in a long time. Along with that decision is the decision I made to never sensationalize events by working around them in such a way as would hurt another person. For that I have "anonymous" to thank for. Receiving all those doses of anonymous comments which made absolutely no sense and yet hurt a part of me, made me realize how much a small misgiving can go a long way in hurting another person. I've decided to never be an "anonymous" myself. Whether in anger or in dire hurt. Thus my brush with "anonymous" helped change me into a better person, too.

I've learnt to love myself. Learnt to see every mistake as a mark on the sand, washed away by the still waters that brush my cheeks and skim over every teardrop that falls. I also see that the uniqueness of me is something I alone can boast of. There's no other person in this whole world like me and there never will be. Once I stop breathing and living, the world with all its problems will be over. The day my heart goes into "cardiac-arrest" state like Michael's did, nothing will trouble ot or worry it anymore.

How many of us amble through life, drudging our way along the streets of time or getting stressed over the small inadequecies of life only to pile up many more "complex" sheets that burden our already tired shoulders? It just isn't worth it.

I've gone past that (I think and hope) and learnt that the best thing in life, is to take it easy (Eagles-style). And that's the biggest and best lesson I learnt through this past week. To stay positive and never breathe in the negativity that infuses our soul, only to crush it and squash the life out of it!

3 comments:

  1. "Sometimes I wonder if anyone in this world could ever fully understand the kaleidoscope of emotions, the myriad of contemplative thoughts that have been working themselves through this head and heart of mine!"

    if someone says that they understand another human being completely, then they're lying... :) we as bloggers try to share slices of our lives, and get feedback, get to an agreement with someone about our emotions... yet, no one is ever going to fully understand people whom they associate with on a day to day basis, let alone understand through reading their blogs... IMO, it's impossible... :)

    very thought provoking post Chillin' :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. But its only been a few days since you've abstained :) At dis rate of personal improvement u might as well give up sex altogether for the rest of ur life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so true Chavie... these are but slice of our lives.

    Girigoris...! :D I think I'm going to make it there ;)

    No Girigoris when the right time comes I'll have sex. Bbut for now..

    ReplyDelete

You're most welcome to comment and share your thoughts any way you want to. Just be civil and congenial and contribute as best you can. Thank you!