Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Memoirs from the past

When he walked out of my life, he never walked out of my heart.

It took me years to forget him. Painful memories would clutch the intestines of my lower abdomen and make my head hurt with a pain that few could heal.

But then there were the friends.

Friends who would comfort me, check up on me and see to it that everything was alright.

And of course he was there. In every town, in every place, from pillar to post, he was there. Nothing could ever help me forget this sweet guy whose lips tasted like salt, whose arms felt so secure.

And here I am in the then and now, loving him all over again. His voice still sends shivers down the base of my spine. He's still the love of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're most welcome to comment and share your thoughts any way you want to. Just be civil and congenial and contribute as best you can. Thank you!