Friday, June 26, 2009

New Responsibilities!

Today was a landmark in my personal life as I was entrusted the responsibility of handling a group which requires social skill, tact, indepth knowledge of infrastructure and the passion and zeal to carry things out with the least pressure on those I work with. The beautiful thing about the whole thing is that I was the unanimous choice when it came to electing a leader in the department and I slipped into the role with a lot of ease, all thanks to the management who were in charge and more than happy to welcome me in to the ranks as head.

Knowing that the position I am in and the office that I hold requires maturity and a leveled head, felt like a pat on the back and reminded me of the responsibility that I have to perform at my best and give back into this venture which gives me a lot personal satisfaction whilst raising my awareness of issues and the best ways in which to solve them. What I particularly appreciated about my promotion, was the personal improvement that accompanied the carrying out of duties, as the fuctions of a leader always shapes a person into a better person overall.

Here's a champagne glass on my behalf, to the new role that I've positioned myself into. The toast is to me!

5 comments:

  1. hey congrats, you forgot to mention about the pay raise you get with added responsibilities, hehehe :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey hey Congrats. So a Big Shot babe huh ? :-)
    Happy for you. Do well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you realskullzero!

    Yes forgot, Kusal :) thanks..

    Aww nice to hear from you NB, thanks a million!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Chillin! :D and the unanimous part is just icing on the cake isn't it, goes to show how much confidence everyone has in you! :)

    ReplyDelete

You're most welcome to comment and share your thoughts any way you want to. Just be civil and congenial and contribute as best you can. Thank you!