Saturday, June 13, 2009

When depression hits me

I seem to be having a brush with that age-old fiend "Depression" in some small and disconcerting way. There's a dull sense of hopelessness and lifeless weakness in my bones that's making me trudge around the house in despondent routine.

I seem to be remembering the past quite a bit and longing for happier times and good old days when responsibilities, expectations and pressures to conform were as rare as a winter season in sunny Sri Lanka.

The worst part is that the career move I'm embarking on is going to see a regimented "no entertainment" month for me and this is not the best antedote for an already slightly depressive person like me! I'm going to have to live out the next 30-40 days and see how it goes whilst keeping my concentration levels high and my general positive attitude at its optimum.

What do you do when you get this feeling of lowness that just doesn't seem to go away? What makes you feel sad and lonely? Is it the weather? Is it circumstance?

I have absolutely no idea what to do but I'm waiting for this tide to turn.

Fingers crossed and waiting!!

11 comments:

  1. Loser Woman. Why depressed? Your taste is pathetic. Please change the lay out if you like more traffic here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I listen to heavy Rock music, LOL

    well.......what makes me sad and down...hmmm..... usually, LIFE it self, When it just cross your mind that how meaningless all of this is. other than that I'm Good :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are a sad woman you passionately patient !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rehani you've said you are "Still shy and lacking confidence" :)you don't seem to be either of the two!!!

    I was just thinking about what you said and realized that one can't change the lay out and THEN get more traffic :)

    Traffic is there whether one changes layouts or not..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Kusal... can relate.. exactly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes "anonymous", but now things are better. I guess you're right.. I have to be patient. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes Chills, thanks for commenting on my blog and asking me to clarify. Yes it was by me and I meant what i said. U need 2 change this pathetic lay out for GOD SAKE. From the CLUTTER and weird choice of colour, design, songs and side bar intro contents I can see what a fucked up messy, troubled mind u have !! Psychology dear. Sorry abt my crudeness, but u need 2 clear this mess.

    As we Ad people would say, Design is as good as the contents. I like d contents though :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Err..
    You need to try some nice template themes. try btemplates.com or do a google search for blogger templates. there are many. This is kind of weird really. Very unlikely you will get repeat visitors with that annoying red heart thing on top. Yours needs a COMPLETE OVERHAUL. Anyway your choice. Good luck :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. but that annoying red heart thing on the top is just a reflection of what goes on between two bloggers who interact :S it's a love between computers thing.. I know it's corny but it does have sone semblance of meaning. Is it really that bad?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I repeat YES. OVERHAUL :P
    Seriously girl. Ask others as well. I'm sure many would nominate this for the "pathetic layout award" by Cerno (on kottu that is). Please change. And thanks for adding me on the blogroll. You are on my Google reader anyway :P

    ReplyDelete

You're most welcome to comment and share your thoughts any way you want to. Just be civil and congenial and contribute as best you can. Thank you!