Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Horny, but without sex!

Here is my latest entry as a girl who's newly (4 days old) turned her back on sex with all its perils and disastrous implications.

I was caught in temptations way but I didn't yield. And the reasons for that are based solely on the feedback and words of most of my blogging friends. And I owe them a "Thank You" for the encouragement and support.

I know it's out of norm for a person to bare it all online and talk about her inadquacies and weaknesses but it's beautiful the way expressing oneself and opening one's heart out to another even via the internet and one's personal blog, can help a person on his or her journey through life isn't it?

I know it's too early to make a prediction but I feel that this is the end of the very things that I wondered if I'd ever quit getting myself into. I feel like my life has been re-prioritised. My head feels clearer and I feel like a torchlight has been shone along the path on which I intend to continue travelling on.

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, I'm referring to my decision to stop putting myself into positions of having random sexual encounters with even the nicest of blokes.

Life feels good after all!

Being in control of one's life is key isn't it? It's when you lose control or feel that external events and individuals manupilate the steering wheel of your life, that you tend to begin to lose it. Or atleast that's how I felt the last couple of months.

Sure I may miss it. Sure I may be horny ;) but that doesn't mean that I get into something that has me enslaved into it. It's hard to say no to something has brings you a lot of pleasure but saying no to something just because you have decided that you don't want it, brings a far greater pleasure that is unparallelled.

I'm hoping I can remain strong on my journey from hereon. I've never succeeded in giving a thing up before, but I intend to give up many more things in the coming months. Will keep you posted on it.

For now? It's Goodbye Lust. Hello Peaceful Satisfaction.

How we manage our Money, our Time and our Relationships are the 3 most important factors about life, aren't they?

"I'm not going to spend my life being a colour" - Michael Jackson (Black or White)

4 comments:

  1. Money is arguable, time and relationships yes. More importantly is how you feel about your self and the things that you want in life. We are all on a journey, and while most are focused on the destination, a few appreciate each step on that path...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Sigma..
    Sometimes when me mismanage our money and waste it away on revellry we can lost control of ourselves too. Whereas careful and moderate spending would contribute to an overall sense of self worth too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im glad your sticking this one out but sometimes we get over phases in our lives.Maybe you shouldnt rule sex out completely if you know what I mean. Just be more selective with your partners. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to be selective about my partners :) but then I realized that I was getting so comfortable with indulging in it whenever I felt like it that the danger signs started getting to me :(

    I don't want to be an addict of anything so... :)

    But yes.. I know.. maybe this is a phase... I just need to stick it out for myself. :)

    ReplyDelete

You're most welcome to comment and share your thoughts any way you want to. Just be civil and congenial and contribute as best you can. Thank you!