Saturday, May 16, 2009

Clean-up resolution

Sometimes I have to vacuum clean my heart and blow-dry my head of all the cobwebs that have formed like slime along the edges of the glass of a fish water tank! Prejudices, fears, apprehensions, negativity, bad decisions, lethargy, poor habits, misguided notions that make me feel like life is a pain in the rear end and living it is a strain to the top end thus culminating in one big headache, tends to seep into my subconscious every now and then.

But then I realize that just as I’m not perfect, neither are those around me who are immediately involved with my life. They aren’t responsible for the weight of importance that I seem to place on their bad days and imperfect currents that somehow manage to boomerang and have a ripple effect on my own well being are they? So why am I getting all taken up with whatever’s going on in their personal life? Don’t ask me : )

So as of today, I’m going to try and learn to be a little more conscious about just how far I let anyone’s bad days or bad personalities get the better of mine. I’m getting rid of the slime with the help of some coconut skin, and vacuum cleaning every bit of unnecessary take or absorption into my own life. I’m gonna blow-dry my head and spruce it up all nice and clean so that I can accommodate the good things in life!

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're most welcome to comment and share your thoughts any way you want to. Just be civil and congenial and contribute as best you can. Thank you!