Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Kril Allen wins Season 8!

When my best friend send me a short message system message stating that “Kris Allen has won American Idol” I felt a humble, deep, personal sense of worth, happiness and elation that a contestant who was less flamboyant than his counterpart - the dark nailed highly talented Adam Lambert, could have won the ultimate crowning glory of television’s most widely watched reality show.

There must be something in us that makes us relate to the common man – the simple boy-next-door – the dark horse! For the very essence of being human and being simple has something endearing about it for me and I felt as though Kris Allen winning was a personal victory for me because in many respects I’m a Kris Allen in my own right!

I have no great talent and I am definitely not one to hold the spotlight for longer than a few seconds at the most. The sincerity that runs through my vein is characterized by a deeply engrained kindness that makes me unassuming to the very core of my being.

Adam Lambert on the other hand, has a more commandeering stage presence and it’s almost impossible to forget his performances because he comes in with the spotlight and goes off with a bang. His amazing vocal range and the manner in which he looks you straight in your eye whilst singing makes him a complete contrast to Allen who looks away and tilts his chin as he sings with all he’s got. Allen is the hard worker and Lambert is the one who makes singing as easy as his a-b-cs. Adam’s phenomenal strength makes him a force to reckon with while all Kris does is to come in and sing with all he’s got. His heart is in his music and he has no other charisma.

Adam Lambert is the man of the moment. He has everyone looking his way. He is able to make almost every song he sings reek of energy and superlative talent. Kris Allen is the ordinary everyday guy who picks up his guitar and sings the best he can until the very veins pop out of his neck and you cannot help but look his way because the sincerity in his performance is hard to neglect. He looks down in humble amazement whenever he is commended and is in sharp contrast to Adam who confidently says in a mannered tone, “thank you Paula”

All in all, the Kris Allen upset-victory is something that brought immense joy into my life and I have a feeling this enthusiasm and happiness is going to last me a very long time!

Having followed Idol for more than four or five out of its eight seasons now, this has got to be my most favourite (and indeed) resounding victory so far. This has definitely got to be the American Idol that I heartily embrace, the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're most welcome to comment and share your thoughts any way you want to. Just be civil and congenial and contribute as best you can. Thank you!