Saturday, May 16, 2009

Letter to the Devil

What is it that makes resolutions and good intentions, peace of mind and strength of resolve such a pain in the ass for you?

What’s the matter with you devil, why you get in the way of all that is pure and nice just to stench it with your evil, foul smell?

Sometimes you sicken me.

At other times I entertain you with an air of indifference because your ways are so damn attractive that I cannot help but get drawn to them.

Who do you think you are messing around with my life when all I want is to be the best of what I am? What makes it your business to spoil everything that goes well for me only to confuse me into thinking that nobody cares about me anymore?
Have I left a foothold in my life for you to come occupy my heart so that you can do your thing and deceive me, trick me, fill my head with lies and overwhelm me with your cheap little tricks?

Don’t you realize that you you’re in the “no fire zone” and that I am not an internally displaced person but a CHILD OF GOD and will not tolerate you mingling with the thoughts in my life only to dilute them with your unfounded ways?
Well here’s a note for you coming loud and clear so hear it out.

You ain’t no friend of mine, and never will be. So just take your suitcase – pack your bags and get the hell put of here.

You’re not wanted anymore and I’m not bothering myself with your plans and purposes any longer.

And if you dare come my way again, I’ll definitely kick your sorry butt!

Determinedly (NOT) Yours,
Human Being

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're most welcome to comment and share your thoughts any way you want to. Just be civil and congenial and contribute as best you can. Thank you!