Saturday, May 16, 2009

Dream again

It’s easy to lose one’s way and have regrets about life especially when your one true passion in life has swiftly sailed away on a boat with “never to return” spray painted on it.

There are plenty of people who would say that it’s never too late to catch up on one’s dreams and find a way to make it all come true. The proverbial “American Dream” concept is always thrown around from one corner to another. Whether it be in movies or television series or inspirational books, there’s always that one clear message that is sent to us all – never give up on your dreams.

But what do you do when you can’t have things the way you wished you could? And what do you do when you realize with bitterness that you have all the resources and passion to make that dream true and yet the very motor behind that dream working out has lulled itself to a steady murmur and fizzled out in terms of infrastructure? It’s hard isn’t it?

I just had a wake up call with regards to my own dreams. I just found out that it was too late to pursue them and that I’ll never have a second chance at them. The strains of Frank Sinatra immediately came to mind – “regrets, I’ve had a few” but then again, I can’t really say that they are too few to mention.

I’ve had my share of disappointments and changes in life but I must say, I’ve had a healthy attitude towards them all and always felt that there must be a reason for things to go wrong the way they have.

I just couldn’t see a viable reason behind my passion having all the odds teaming up against it to block out the little happiness I was sure to have enjoyed had my dreams been given room to realize themselves. I would have been in a different, better place, think I. But then again, what do I know? Maybe things wouldn’t have been that rosy after all and maybe it was to save me from the unknown and prevent any worse disaster or calamity occurring that I was spared the satisfaction of truly following the path of my heart.

We all have regrets and disappointments in life. There’s not one of us who can truly say that life has been a bed of roses all the way. The thorns have pricked all of us at some point or the other, and made us bleed and cry in pain. What’s important though, is to make the best of what you have at your disposal right now. Live in the here and now and go with the flow, giving yourself the best shot at living live right even now, at the very point at which you stand.

Don’t consider yourself half baked, a retard, a discard or a half chance. Never be too hard on yourself. Remember that you’re here today and gone tomorrow. Our life is in our nostrils and we are not meant to live our permanent lives here on earth. It’s eternity that matters, and so the investment of out lives here on earth is what will go into our forever account.

I’ve been deeply disappointed and there’s no use looking longingly at my options when I know that they will not self-adjust to suit my needs. So I have decided to pick myself up and stay determined to look at other avenues and give myself the best by enjoying making myself a hand-made remedy; a mirage of the beautiful opportunity that closed on me, so that I can live life to the fullest and after all, do it .. my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're most welcome to comment and share your thoughts any way you want to. Just be civil and congenial and contribute as best you can. Thank you!