Saturday, May 16, 2009

Hypnosis

The Exercise in Hypnosis that I experienced in class during our Psychology Class on the 24th of July, was my first ever experience in hypnotism and it was uniquely different to the perceptions and pre-conceived notions that I had in my own mind about how it would be during what proved to be an immensely interesting exercise that enabled me to have me have a first-hand understanding of the manner in which the human mind may be manipulated through an external source that is skilled enough to understand the power of the mind in order to successfully direct and guide it through to wherever was needed according to her discretion.

What I recall to be my experience of hypnotism, is one in which I realized most of all, that the mind can be relaxed completely and taken through to the most forgotten places in time which included stages in my childhood right to the beginning of time when I was in my mother’s womb.

As Dr. Levalley’s voice slowly faded into the background and became a soothing source of instruction, I felt my entire body relax and my mind felt light and unburdened by willful consciousness. It was that moment after a countdown as I took a step down a hill and then felt the imagery of being in a boat and feeling the water with my hand as I floated out of my body, that I felt myself in the most absolute state of relaxation. As she gently took me through from stage to stage, moving back in time little, by little, I experienced a re-living of a moment in time that came to me with absolutely no conscious effort to recall into memory. It was as if within seconds I was taken to that age that Dr Levalley mentioned. I saw myself in clothes that I had forgotten I wore with friends I had forgotten I had and I know for a fact that it was actually my childhood that I was taken to as I instantly went back to people and moments that I had never remembered in years. From running repeatedly round a stool with my first dog as a child to returning a book to a friend with conversations that included details that were in keeping with that year and time to keeping my head on my cousin’s lap and hearing her talk to my mother and not understanding what was said as I was a child to a happy birthday that I had completely forgotten I had, the most unforgettable moment I had was the vivid experience of stillness, an orange-brown like gel around me as I heard in my mind almost a frequent underwater-like sound, possessing no capacity to think but only feel I re-experienced an almost true-to life moment in my time in my mother’s womb. As I walked through the tunnel, all was pitch black on either side. I walked on with my eye-level being as low as it must have been as a kid. I saw no pictures on either side and I came to a light at the end that I couldn’t enter into but as I returned through the same process that I went back in time to and I knew that I had been carried through my unconscious memories and relaxed to a point of re-experiencing places, faces and moments that make me marvel at the capacity of storage in my mind. Amazingly wonderful to me, it was, that I had within me all these millions of moments in time that I had stored without my knowledge.

The exercise of Hynosis was one that made me believe that one truly can be taken through to the recesses of one’s own mind, as far back as infancy and beyond as I had what I felt was a new encounter with the power of one’s own mind.

© Slow Chills

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're most welcome to comment and share your thoughts any way you want to. Just be civil and congenial and contribute as best you can. Thank you!