Saturday, May 23, 2009

Haven

As I toyed with the different emotions that were running through my mind, I began to recall an instance when someone who swallowed up my self security with her looming gown of fantasy, actually looked to me to comfort and assure her moments before she took the big stage.

And comfort, I did, managing to let her feel that she was loved, to make her feel she was being listented to and understood. She was so nervous that her face was sour, her eyes welling up with tears as she looked as if she were on the verge of bursting into a panic attack. Her vulnerability amazed me and the safety of my words and the comfort of my touch was spontanous from my side, surprising even me.

Fast forward into a situation when I could see yet another seasoned actor coming into play, a supposedly self confident woman, she was a bundle of nerves, a mesh of insecurity and she flooded my inbox with texts that were begging, screaming for approval and appealing for reassurance.

That's when I reazlied that calmness and reassurance, unfaltering fortitude and a good sense of oneself, level headed sensibility and an unpretentious, unassuming nature is a haven and source of confort, love and inspiration to almost anyone, regardless of what backgrounds they came from. Moreover, even the toughest heart of stone would melt with the constant trickle of water that would work away at its rough exterior until it melted bit by bit, the roughest of hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're most welcome to comment and share your thoughts any way you want to. Just be civil and congenial and contribute as best you can. Thank you!